We are pleased to announce the forthcoming 12th meeting of the Brains for Brain Foundation (B4B) .
B4B is an International Task Force (chaired by Prof Maurizio Scarpa) composed of outstanding scientists and ‘clinicians’ who are leaders in the neurological field. Together with Biotech companies they aim to facilitate joint efforts to improve the understanding of rare genetic diseases affecting and seriously damaging the brain, in particular in children. The main mission of the fundation infact consists in the funding of translational research and education in the field of neurodegenerative paediatric disorders mainly focusing the attention on a group of about 40 genetically and biochemically very well characterised diseases, called Lysosomal Storage Disorders (LSDs).
1. Research achievements in the field of neurodegenerative diseases, in particular lysosomal storage disorders (LSDs) at clinical and basic science level and in the field of Blood Brain Barrier;
2. New recent advances on natural history and pathophysiology of LSDs;
3. Factors which control the entry into the brain of medicines and other therapeutic agents which may be helpful in treating central nervous system disease;
4. How B4B and the European Union might collaborate to stimulate interest on research in rare diseases,
5. The role of the industries in driving innovation for new therapeutic approaches for true unmet needs.
If you wish to attend the workshop, please get in touch with Mrs Paula Caprelli (email@example.com) as soon as possible in order for us to be able to register your presence and predispose the logistics.
For general enquiries or any additional required information, please get in touch with Dr. Cinzia Maria Bellettato (firstname.lastname@example.org)