We are pleased to announce that in these days, we are drafting the scientific program of the next meeting and we wish to have a special one not only at scientific level but also at personal one.
This year, we wanted to organize it in Sardinia, Italy, the region from which the initial grants came from. Indeed, it was due to a major grant from a Sardinia family whose child was affected by Metachromatic Leukodystrophy that the B4B adventures could take off and the Foundation could then enforce its research activity. Everything seemed fine, but unfortunately, due to some unforeseen bureaucratic problems it is now no more possible to held the meeting in Italy, so we have just recently chose to move to Madrid, where the first official B4B meeting was held about 10 years ago. The 10th B4B meeting will therefore take place at the Hotel Rafael Atocha in Madrid, Spain, on March 16-19, 2016.
We are terrible sorry for the inconvenience this will produce and for causing you so much trouble, but we want to make sure we provide the best solution for such an important occasion.
As usual, the programme will contain scientific and a strategic sessions in which we will discuss:
1. Research achievements in the field of neurodegenerative diseases, in particular lysosomal storage disorders (LSDs) at clinical and basic science level and in the field of Blood Brain Barrier;
2. New recent advances on natural history and pathophysiology of LSDs;
3. Factors which control the entry into the brain of medicines and other therapeutic agents which may be helpful in treating central nervous system disease;
4. How B4B and InNerMeD partners might collaborate with the European Union to stimulate interest on research in rare diseases;
5. The role of the industries in driving innovation for new therapeutic approaches for true unmet needs.
More details will follow soon, stay tuned for more updated info!!!